Organization and structure now appear to be major problems. At 18,000 words, I’m loosing control of the scope of the project.
Things that have worked well include:
- Setting up Heading Styles in Microsoft Word
- Writing down all the plot points I could think of, condensed to one sentence, and in any order that came to mind.
- Writing a description of each of my characters, what they want, and how they interact with each other.
Things that have NOT worked well include:
- Buying Dramatica Pro (although this software is full of storywriting information, I find its interface unappealing and annoying, and it’s freaking me out!)
- My own bad attitude. (My inner critic and I are in a battle royal.)
Solutions for today:
- Put it all on index cards and organize my thoughts.
- There is a free iPhone app called Index Cards. I’m going to check it out too.
I’m doing ok. You’ll know I’m really in trouble when I start drawing pictures.
Happy halfway point!
Only fools trip on what’s behind them. 🙂